Grade: 6 Pay Rate: $14.60-$17.55 /HR
Average hours per week: On-call FLSA status: Non-exempt
Responsible for resident services. Duties include providing personal care services, housekeeping, laundry, social-recreational activities, delegated nursing tasks, medication assistance, meal preparation and service and other duties as needed for resident well-being.
- Adheres to and conveys philosophy of supporting dignity, privacy, independence, choice, individuality, and a home-like environment for residents.
- Provides appropriate documentation of services as indicated in regulation and policy.
- Reviews assignments with the supervisor and medication and nursing tasks with the Nurse.
- Dispenses medications as delegated by Nurse and in accordance with Physician’s orders.
- Reads staff communication records and maintains familiarity with resident records as required.
- Assists with instrumental activities of daily living (ADL’s), environmental orientation, assistance with medication, assistance with treatments and other care while encouraging self-care and independence.
- Prepares and serves nutritional meals for the residents. Sets table service and cleans up after meals.
- Provides services as indicated on resident treatment and service plans.
- Assists residents moving in and out of the home.
- Provides laundry service for residents.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and follows infection control procedures.
- Maintains clean, neat, comfortable, safe environment for residents, staff, and visitors including provision of housekeeping services for residents.
- Observes problems, concerns, issues observed with resident apartments, the home and the grounds and communicates them appropriately.
- Observes changes in resident status, needs, or preferences, and communicates them appropriately.
- Records resident information as required.
- Avoids loss, breakage, and waste of supplies and equipment.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and adheres to procedures for fire, life safety, disaster, security, work, safety, and other emergency procedures.
- Assists with individual resident and group social recreational activities.
- Notifies physician, nurse and/or family representative of resident status/change as appropriate.
- Provides back-up to other Caregivers as needed.
- Performs a variety of other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Education, Experience, Licenses:
- Requires a High School Diploma or GED and two (2) years of verifiable work experience providing full-time direct care to multiple elderly/disabled clients in an assisted living care center or adult foster home-like setting; OR 21 years of age with a current Certified Medical Assistant/Certified Nursing Assistant license OR equivalent combination of training and experience.
- If applicant is under the age of 18 and/or does not have 2 years of experience and is a Grand Ronde Tribal Member, applicant may obtain assistance through Tribe’s TERO program with acquiring the C.N.A license to become eligible for hire.
- Must provide medical history of vaccinations.
- Must maintain a valid Oregon driver’s license or obtain one upon hire, qualify for the Tribe’s vehicle insurance, and provide proof of personal vehicle insurance.
Qualifications, Registrations, and Certifications:
- Must have a working knowledge of the Privacy Act/HIPAA and its applications.
- Willingness to adhere to foster home principles in providing services.
- Must be free of non-treated communicable disease.
- Ability to work safely and to recognize potentially dangerous situations.
- Ability/willingness to perform shift work which may include residing and sleeping the night at the facility, and to work holidays or overtime. Ability to serve in an on-call capacity.
- Ability to teach/train others.
- Requires working knowledge and proficiency in use of office equipment and computer software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Power point, and Outlook.
- Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills, business and telephone etiquette.
- Must have the ability to work at times with minimal supervision.
- Must have excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and record keeping skills.
- Must have ability to respond courteously and tactfully to complaints and client requests, and to maintain confidentiality.
- Must meet in-service training hours required for job classification and position.
- Requires attendance at mandatory in-service training.
- Requires a Food Handler’s Certification card within thirty (30) days of hire.
- Must have and maintain CPR/First Aid Certification or obtain within sixty-(60) days of hire.
- Must be able to accurately dispense medications as delegated by Nurse and according to Physician’s orders.
Environmental Factors and Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Continually requires the ability to express or receive detailed information or important instructions through oral communication.
- Continually requires working with fingers rather than the whole hand or arm. Requires repetitive movement of wrists, hands and/or fingers. Often requires walking or moving about to accomplish tasks.
- Requires standing and/or sitting for sustained periods of time, raising objects from a lower to a higher position and/or moving objects horizontally.
- Occasionally requires lifting of up to 50 pounds.
- Frequently requires stooping and crouching which entail the use of the lower extremities and back muscles.
- Due to the nature of the interactions with other employees and the public we serve, employees may be required to provide documentation of, or receive, certain health vaccinations.
- This position is frequently subject to inside environmental conditions which provide protection from weather conditions, but not necessarily from temperature changes, and is occasionally subject to outside environmental conditions.
- May be called upon to serve as a Disaster Reservist during Emergencies, or when the Tribal Emergency Operations Center is opened.
- Local travel is occasionally required. Travel outside of the state is infrequently required.
- Candidates for this position will be subject to criminal and character background checks and may be subject to fingerprinting.