Grade:19 Pay Rate: $97,026.30-$126,008.19 /Annual
Average hours per week: 40 FLSA status: Exempt
Job # 065-15
Provides psychiatric services for the Grand Ronde Health & Wellness Center (GRHWC) patients. Works cooperatively with Clinic Administration, other Tribal Entities, and outside organizations, to secure the best possible outcomes for clients and family..
Provides direct patient care to diagnose and treat patients with a wide range of psychiatric disorders.
- Provides clinical support for the Behavioral Health and Medical Department.
- Provides consultation services on psychiatric matters to other GRHWC professional and allied health staff.
- Refers patients for admission to acute medical and/or psychiatric inpatient settings when such care cannot be adequately provided in-house.
- Coordinates and integrates information on all such referrals and assures provision of timely follow-up care as required.
- Participates with other medical professionals in educating the community and medical staff on health issues.
- Prepares and maintains behavioral health medical records for all patients seen in accordance with GRHWC policies and procedures, as well as regulatory requirements and requirements of accreditation bodies and third party payers.
- Provides printed and verbal instructions at time of office encounter.
- Enhances patient participation in self-care by patient and family health education.
Provides public health education beyond patient visits which includes speaking at community events and writing for publications.
- Shares information gleaned from conferences not attended by other providers.
- Collaborates with other clinical departments for continuity of care.
- Collaborates with other Tribal Departments (Social Services, CFS) when requested by patient or department.
- Participates as a member of the Medical Clinic Triage Team.
- Participates in Medical Department provider meetings.
- Participates in Behavioral Health department staff meetings.
- Attends and participates in administrative meetings as instructed by Health Center Administration.
- Participates in quality assurance review activities as determined.
- Performs a variety of other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Requires an active license as a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP).
- Requires a minimum of three (3) years experience in Psychiatry practice.
- Experience with adolescent, children and geriatric clients preferred
- Must have strong interpersonal skills working with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Must respect all others regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, or income level.
- Must be committed to providing comprehensive health care to the individual, family, and community.
- Must be able to work as a team member and develop productive and cooperative working relationships with health care providers within the facility as well as allied healthcare and social service providers.
- Must have Electronic Health Record (EHR) experience and be proficient in the use of EHR.
- Must have experience working in a multi disciplinary treatment team.
- Experience working with Native populations preferred.
- Must maintain patient confidentiality at all times.
Typical Physical Requirements and Environmental Conditions
- Continually requires the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make fine discrimination in sound.
- Continually requires verbally expressing or exchanging ideas or important instructions accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Continually requires working with fingers rather than the whole hand or arm.
- Continually requires repetitive movement of the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
- Often requires walking or moving about to accomplish tasks.
- Occasionally requires standing and/or sitting for sustained periods of time.
- Occasionally requires raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally.
- Occasionally requires stooping which entail the use of the lower extremities and back muscles. Infrequently requires crouching.
- Occasionally involves exerting up to 20 pound of force, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently to move objects.
The worker is frequently subject to inside environmental conditions which provide protection from weather conditions, but not necessarily from temperature changes, and is occasionally subject to outside environmental conditions.
- Supports a safe work environment by performing all duties in accordance with Tribal safety policies and procedures. This includes, but is not limited to: reporting all incidents and accidents to your supervisor timely (within 24 hours); maintaining work areas in a safe and healthful manner; reporting and correcting any unsafe working conditions; operating vehicles in a safe and lawful manner while conducting Tribal business; providing input and assistance to reduce or eliminate workplace hazards; actively supporting ongoing safety efforts, including recommendations of the safety committee.
- Due to the nature of interactions with other employees and the public we serve, employees may be required to provide documentation of, or receive, certain health vaccinations.
Local travel is occasionally required. Travel outside of the state is infrequently required.
Drivers License & Insurance Requirement
Maintains a valid Oregon driver’s license or obtains one upon hire; qualifies for the Tribe’s vehicle insurance; and, provides proof of personal vehicle insurance.