This program assists Grand Ronde Tribal members in obtaining funding for employment related skill development and training, cultural enrichment, and personal and professional development through classroom instruction, seminars, workshops, conferences, apprenticeships, certification or licensing programs, and accredited vocational colleges and universities.

The Non-credit Program may assist with the funding needs for enrollment, tuition, and required equipment and supplies necessary for the completion of the course. Applicants are eligible for up to $500 per academic term.

  • Winter Term January 1st to March 31st
  • Spring Term April 1st to June 30th
  • Summer Term July 1st to September 30th
  • Fall Term October 1st to December 31st

Applicants must submit a completed Non-credit Program application, and accompanying course verifications (a copy of the registration or a billing invoice that clearly shows course cost and billing information), to the Tribal Education Division at least TEN (10) days prior to the registration deadline, or the beginning of the course if no registration deadline is given. All educational institutions are subject to review by the Education Division prior to the approval of grant awards

Frequently Asked Questions

Do I need to fill out a Non-credit Program application each time I want to access the program?

No. Once you have an application on file you needn’t submit a new one unless your phone and/or address change.

Can the Non-credit Program pay for conference registrations?

Yes. However, as all Higher Education Programs require evidence of successful completion, you must get a copy of the Attendance Certification form from the Non-credit Program Coordinator and have it completed at the conference.

If a course lasts longer than one quarter, may I access additional funding?

No. Non-credit Program funding is limited to $500 maximum per funded training.

Will the Non-credit Program pay for testing fees?

No. The Non-credit Program cannot pay testing or examination fees.

Can I access the Non-credit Program if I am currently active and receiving funding from another Higher Education Program?

Most likely yes. Since the other Higher Education Programs fund college credit courses there is little chance of duplicating funding. Check with the Non-credit Program Coordinator to be certain.

Will the Non-credit Program pay for individual lessons?

No. All funded courses must be organized in a classroom style. Study-at-home options are available through some institutions, and are subject to review for approval by the Non-credit Program Coordinator.

Do I have to take a class at a college?

No, you take a class anywhere that the class is offered, including online.

Please click to download and print Policies, Application and Forms

Please contact Joshua Clift, Non-credit Program Coordinator at Ext. 1635 or email for more information or to receive an application.