The Confederated Tribes of Grand Ronde Behavioral Health Program (CTGR-BHP) is a fully integrated outpatient mental health and alcohol & drug assessment and treatment program licensed by the State of Oregon. Assessment is the formal process of evaluating a client’s needs for counseling or referral. Following assessment, treatment of client’s meeting the American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM) – II R criteria for outpatient services receive psycho-education on alcohol and drugs at level I for outpatient counseling and education. Mental health clients are eligible for evaluation for psychotherapy, and psychiatric medication management of behavioral disorders.
What to Expect: Initially, clients referred to our program are recorded and processed. Client intake referrals are then discussed by the treatment team and assigned in our weekly staffing meeting. Once assigned, a counselor/therapist contacts the client for an intake session. On average appointments are for 50 minutes, but assessments can take up to two hours. Once the initial contact, intake, and assessment phase is completed, the client is either referred to specialized treatment or begins a regular schedule of alcohol and drug treatment or mental health counseling. Clients coming into our program for medications only will be assigned to a counselor for an assessment. Once this is completed the client’s case will be discussed with the Psychiatrist and the treatment team to determine the best course of treatment.
Assessment is a formal process that requires several steps:
- A clinical interview
- A psycho-social interview
- Alcohol & drug psychometric testing
- Completion of a treatment plan and/or a formal written report
- Referral to specialized inpatient alcohol and drug treatment or mental health treatment as indicated
The following treatment methods are available and used:
- level I alcohol & drug treatment
- Mental health counseling sessions are once or twice a week for depression, anxiety, acute and chronic stress
- Dual-diagnosis treatment for co-occurring alcohol/drug and mental health disorders is provided through the treatment team approach
- Psychiatric monitoring and management of medication is provided three times a week
We emphasize a culturally sensitive method that respectfully integrates tribal spirituality and cultural awareness into the full range of behavioral health assessment and treatment.
The Notice of Privacy Practices for the Grand Ronde Health & Wellness Center is available to you by following this link: Click Here