Tribal Council Meeting
Wednesday, October 25, 2017
Time: 5:00 p.m.
• The Tribal Council meetings are intended to be safe venues in which Tribal members, community members and guests can share their ideas, thoughts, and concerns. Please be courteous and respectful to all speakers.
• Official recordings of Council meetings (indicating whether or not they have been edited) will be made available to Grand Ronde Tribal members upon request. Members are asked to contact Tribal Council’s Chief of Staff to obtain meeting recording/filming at a cost of $5 each. Except for official recordings made by the Tribe, no photos, audio or video recording of Council meetings will be permitted.
I. Call to Order / Invocation / Cultural Presentation
II. Roll Call/Vote on Absences
Cheryle A. Kennedy, Chairwoman Kathleen George, Council Member Michael Langley, Council Member
Chris Mercier, Vice-Chair Jack Giffen, Jr., Council Member Lisa Leno, Council Member
Jon A. George, Secretary Denise Harvey, Council Member Brenda Tuomi, Council Member
III. Previous Minutes – Approve/Amend
• October 11, 2017 Regular Meeting
IV. Order of Business:
1. Items of Consent from the Legislative Action Committee
a. Youth Council Appointment – Resolution
2. Legislative Action Committee
a. Enrollment Infant Determination – Resolution
Tribal Council Meeting
Expanded Summary of Agenda Items
Date: October 25, 2017
1. Items of Consent from the Legislative Action Legislative Action Committee
a. Youth Council Appointment – resolution
Date: 00-00-17 Present: 8 of 9 Recommendation: 8 yes
The Legislative Action Committee recommends the Tribal Council adopt a resolution appointing Aspen Wilson with a term expiring on March 31, 2018 or until she graduates from high school, to the Youth Council.
2. Legislative Action Legislative Action Committee
a. Enrollment Infant Determination – resolution
Date: 10-24-17 Present: 8 of 9 Recommendation: 8 yes
The Legislative Action Committee recommends the Tribal Council adopt a resolution approving one infant numbered #6488 for Tribal membership, because, based on the investigation and recommendation of the Enrollment staff, the infant has been found to meet the eligibility requirements for enrollment as defined in the Tribal Constitution and Enrollment Ordinance.